Sunday, February 13, 2011
BP4_Glogster
I chose Glogster for my second web 2.0 tool to review. This year, for the first time, I am teaching freshman in an introduction to Mass Media- Advertising course. My freshman have used Glogsters for a few presentations , and I personally thought it wasn’t a great presentation tool but I had yet to explore the site myself. So I have and this is my personal review of the tool from my perspective.
Glogster is easy to sign up for and doesn’t require a lot of information from the user. I had a choice to either register or just to “glog”. I chose to create an account so I could share my glogster with others.
Glogster is an online poster site where one can basically create an online multimedia poster and add elements such as video, flash along with texts, graphics and images.
The girls seem to love this site because there are a lot of cute pictures and fonts. I haven’t had many guys use this in class.
I uploaded my own pictures. There is an option to add frames to the pictures and to the text.
I also was able to change the background, and had the option to add sound, videos and a media player.
It seems to be an easy way to create a multimedia poster without purchasing or learning complicated software such as Photoshop. I am not sure how effective this is from a teaching standpoint, but I can see how students can create Glogsters instead of posters.
While it is an easy tool to use, I will probably not use it from a teaching standpoint but rather have students use this as a way to demonstrate their knowledge of the concepts through the use of images, and video. It’s easy to use, and students should be able to use the site fairly quickly. It took me less than an hour to create the Glogster above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment