Sunday, February 13, 2011

PE1_iMovie


I have used iMovie before for reflection videos for previous courses and for short presentations for my class.  I have watched the tutorials Apple has for learning the very basics of iMovie but that’s about it.

So I am eager to learn how to edit videos that don’t look like home movies.

So my first session of Lynda tutorials has been very basic. I did learn the e key and the opt-cmd keys. Wow ~that is going to save so much time!!! There is more to iMovie that I thought. I have decided to document the parts of iMovie that can help me develop my AR project.



I now feel more comfortable understanding the difference between events projects. I seemed to always have all my footage and would just start selecting video and sending it in the trash. Now I know exactly how to organize it and how to keep access only the footage I need.

Watching this helped me organize all my footage.

See my before and after pictures. 

BEFORE

AFTER

As you can see here, in the before picture, all my files were in view. In the after picture, only the most recent events are displayed first adn are organized my month and year. My events are much easier to find now. 

 iMovie Lynda certificate

No comments:

Post a Comment