Saturday, February 19, 2011

PE5_jamcut


So I have had some time to play around with jaycut.com. I have found that is it very easy to use. I created a video that includes a short video clip of fireworks and then added some images from the NFL experience that was held in Dallas.

     It did take a while to upload my short video it took 15 minutes to upload my 1 minute 8 second video to be exact. Images didn’t take as long 12 images 3 minutes. I also found out that you do have to rotate your videos and images before you upload because you do not have the option to rotate them in jamcut as you can see in my video.

I wanted to add voice over and some music but you can’t do both. So that might pose a problem if the students want to add voiceover and music. It does allow you to mute the audio and fade it in and out and add record within jamcut. That is about all you can do with audio. I also could not find a help link. So, I’m not sure how to get help if someone needed it, if they were working within the site.

The video effects tool had a few more options. There are quite a few transition to choose from and options as far as color and lines. I have used some transitions and text in my video, but I didn't see the transitions in the final video. It is easy to trim and cut what you don’t want, There is also an option to do a picture in picture , but I didn’t demonstrate it in my video. I am excited to see what my students can produce using this tool.  It is a very simple tool to use and it produces a nice quality video that will work for this project. 





No comments:

Post a Comment