Monday, February 7, 2011

BP2_Animoto


The web tool I chose to review was Animoto.  Animoto is a web 2.0 tool that helps users create professional looking videos without the hassle of learning complicated editing software. It’s an easy as one- two – three.

Animoto creates a video using pictures and video you provide. They also have a database of pictures and video for common use. Animoto has an educator account that extends the video beyond the 30 seconds.

I am going to use this software with my students and have them create a 30 second commercials or viral videos for the web. This will be easy for them to use because I don’t have to worry about teaching software such as Final Cut Pro or MovieMaker.

This would be a great tool for any teacher because of its ease of use and easy access. No expensive software or equipment is necessary.

This is how I created a promotional video for my student organization, DECA.

The first step is to choose a template.   There aren’t a lot of options to choose from with the free site, but they work just fine.


Once a template is chosen, it is time to upload your pictures and video. I uploaded all my pictures at once.  It is a very easy process. You can also add Text and effects as well.

Screen shot of upload photo page


Once all the pictures and video are uploaded, it is time to choose your music selection. Animoto has a really large selection of music that works well with music or you may add your own selection. I chose a selection from their indie rock collection. I was pleased with the music I chose and I think it fits well with my pictures. 




Once you choose your music, click on finalize and that’s it. It begins to create , process and render your video. This process doesn’t take long at all. My video was ready in within 10 minutes. This is an easy way for students and teachers to develop very professional looking videos and in a timely manner without complicated software. 


Try Animoto with your students today!

Here is my final video~enjoy.






1 comment:

  1. Looks simple but very professional. I'll have to add it to my list of tools to try. I hope it's as easy as you say...that gives it lots of points in my book! It's nice to have something you can feel comfortable recommending to people when you don't know if they have developed good computer skills.

    ReplyDelete